Frequently Asked Questions
1. What services are included with the lot rent? Galaxy Manor and Raymor are land-lease communities. Residents own their homes and pay a monthly lot rental in return for the following services:
- Property Taxes
- Street Lighting
- Trash and Recycling Collection
- Plowing/Maintenance of Community Roads
2. Are there any rental homes at Galaxy Manor or Raymor?
All homes in both communities are owner occupied. We do not permit sublets.
3. As a homeowner, what are my responsibilities?
Homeowners are responsible for their own utilities, including city sewer, electric, natural gas, and telephone/television/internet. Comcast and satellite TV are both available. Homeowners are also responsible for the maintenance of their own lots as well as the maintenance of their homes.
4. I have heard that Toms River has rent control. What does that mean?
Toms River has a rent control ordinance. Any future increases in that resident’s monthly rental fee then are subject to the Toms River Township Rent Control Ordinance which allows rent increases based on the consumer price index as well as adjustments for increases or decreases in property taxes.
5. Is financing available?
Financing is available for new homes sold by Galaxy Manor Sales.
Financing may be available for older homes sold through Galaxy Manor Sales depending on their age and price.
6. Do I pay property tax as well as land rent?
No, property taxes are included in the rent.
Office hours are 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday or by appointment. Our office is located at 150 State Highway 70 in Toms River. Our Phone number is 732-370-7030 and email is: firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to talking with you about your next home.